Sunday, August 24, 2008

Fun, fun and more fun.....

Well, the day started off with a bang. The alarm clock went off at 0645 that was intended to wake Maria up so she could get up and get going to start the preps for her "End of Summer Party" with her daycare children and parents.

Now, as you all know this type of thing isn't my cup of tea. But I knew it was the right thing to do to support Maria. So I waited until everything was set up (LOL!) then I went over. Again, she went all out with a 75 foot blow-up dragon obstacle couse and a 35 foot high blow up water slide (you know the blow up "bounce house" things). She held it at the park at the end of our block and we were there with noone else around. So that was nice. ALL of her kids showed up and most parents, but as usual some parents dropped their kids off for FIVE hours and then picked them up!

OK, I'm going on my soapbox. This was an event for the kids and parents, NOT a "daycare day". Some of these parents treated this like a "birthday party" event, and I just don't understand that. I could rattle on, but won't.

Maria had a great time with the kids, and at the conclusion of this fun-filled time were TWO pinatas, the kids (and Maria) had a good time. I guess that's all that counts.

And yes, our boys (Joey and Tom) helped her set-up and tear-down, although Joey wasn't too thrilled, but he knew it wasn't an option. (I know all you parents out there know what I'm talking about....).

OK, so now time for Steve! So after all that way too much excitement, I went home got ready to meet some of my Sailors at the Grizzlies Game in Fresno. They are the minor-league baseball team for Fresno. The played the Sacramento River Cats, and unfortunately, Fresno lost....bummer.

But here's the best part. My Mom is the HR Director for Karsyn Construction in Fresno and Karsyn has a season luxury box suite! So each game Karsyn gets 10 tickets and 5 VIP parking passes and the owner, Joe, gave me tickets for the game. So I asked all my Sailors and 8 of them went with me. We had a great time. That was the first time most of them had even been in a luxury suite, so they really enjoyed it. I will get tickets again next year and we'll go again.

So this Saturday was a fun-filled day. But certainly not as fun as if we were in our RV either on the ocean or the Sequoias. Speaking of that, we're scheduling a trip for 3-5 October to the Sequoias.

As always, safe travels to all.

No comments: