Sunday, August 17, 2008

We've been busy!

I realize it has been exactly four weeks since I last posted. Well in the last four weeks we have all been very busy. Lots to catch up on.

Me: My usual working.....2 years, 1 month and 14 days until I retire from the USN! Also, I completed my last two college courses (Marketing MGMT and HR MGMT). I have now started to more; ORG Behavior and Social Psychology. Both classes are interesting and I'll have fun with them.

Maria: She's had 9 full time kids during the summer! I still don't know how she does that, way too much for me. The kids range from 1 to 12....that's alot of drama in the house, but she does it.

Joey: Well, his car was hit from behind by our neighbors brother. They weren't even on our block, they were about 1/2 mile from our house. Joey is fine but the car has a huge dent in the trunk and it won't close, so we have it tied down. His insurance company has not been very good, so I'm getting involved Monday. He worked the entire summer for one of our neighbors that has rentals and needed some work. Well our neighbor is a very handy-man guy, so he showed Joey how to install windows, lay wood flooring, tile bathroom, plumbing...quite a bit of work. I wish I knew how to do all that, it sure would save me a bundle with our home. But he's had a good time and made $8.00/hour!

Tom: He's completly recovered from his appendectomy on 7 July. He recovered quickly and was back to his self within a week. During the last few weeks he has spent a lot of time with his friends and cousins. He has also been a big help for Maria with her daycare. He has been practicing his driving, and should have his driver's license around the end of next month. He's a good driver, so I'm sure he'll do good on the test.

We had our niece and nephew for a few weeks during the summer. They were here at different times most of the time, except for last weekend when they were both here. Maria took the kids and my Mom to the portrait studio to take "grandkids" photos. They weren't too happy about it, but the got through it. This will be the last opportunity we would have as Joey graduates in June 09 and then going into the Marines. So my Mom wanted to get that done. OK, mission accomplished.

One bad thing to report is that we have not been RVing. We're not happy about that at all, but with Tom's surgery in July and then we had our niece and nephew..we just couldn't get away. But I'm pretty sure we'll be going in a few weeks. Our plan is to make it over to Morro Bay and also Sequoia National Park.

Well, that should catch everyone up, and as I've stated before...I'll try to get better about posting to keep everyone informed on what's going on.

3 comments:

Tumbleweed Dee said...

Thank you so much for updating us. We miss you in chat too, so now we know why. I hope you get back in the RV soon. Congrats on the college classes and you'll love this next two, I sure did.
Dee

A couple of newer paintings 2019 said...

You've been very busy as a family this summer. Hopefully things will now wind down a bit and we'll see you on chat once in a while and maybe a blog more often!

Hope you're able to get out in the RV soon.

Mark and Dortha said...

I know what you mean, what a summer! I am glad things are getting back to a schedule. We too are anxious to get back out on the road. Good luck with your next classes.

Dortha