Sunday, March 9, 2008

Joey's NJROTC Competition!

Joey and his NJROTC Armed Drill Platoon had their annual SECA Competition at Sanger High School on Saturday. Maria, Kay (my Mother) and I all went to the competition. They did OUTSTANDING and placed SECOND! I wish I would have stayed to watch the entire competition because I would have liked to see the JROTC Unit that beat them.

CONGRATULATIONS HANFORD WEST NJROTC ARMED DRILL UNIT!!

We left after Joey performed and yes, of course, we went to our favorite Mexican Food restaurant, La Fiesta. Another great meal at La Fiesta!!

Thomas stayed home and finished his English homework because he wanted to go to with his friends and do his skateboarding. He is doing homework on Romeo and Juliet and is writing about different scenes.

After lunch, Maria brought me home and her and Kay went to the Commissary and I went to Hollywood Video to get some movies for Saturday night. I did get the movies I wanted; Into the Wild, Rendition and Freedom Writers. I watched Rendition and Freedome Writers (which I've seen before) and had an entertaining afternoon.

I know, I know....I should have been sealing the leak in our RV. I won't bore you with my excuses.......I just didn't do it. But will this next week.

I finished my Business Management class with Columbia and got an "A"! The final was a bear, but plunged through it. My next class is International Business, and yes I'm looking forward to that.

As promised in an earlier post, here is another picture of the magnificent island of Iceland. If you remember I referred to the Blue Lagoon in Iceland and also provided a link ---- well here is a picture of the Blue Lagoon on a beautiful COLD winter day. One of my favorite places in the world!!


Quote of the day: I would rather be exposed to the inconveniences attending too much liberty than to those attending too small a degree of it. ~Thomas Jefferson

2 comments:

Tumbleweed Dee said...

Thank you so much for talking about the military base. Brings back many great memories of each base. I really miss the military life. Vietnam was the roughest being apart from each other, but still it was a great life. Keep up the good work on the blog

Dee

Kay said...

Steven and Maria.......Love all of your informative info and especially the pictures of Iceland.
I am going to try to get them on my screen saver......Congrats, Steven on your school grade AND Maria, HAPPY HAPPY BIRHTDAY
again!!!!!!
Mother