Friday, May 23, 2008

2nd Leg --- We've Arrived!

Got an early start this morning and was out the door at 0630. I had my Mom, and our dog Buck along with items Maria wanted me to take. So we left and headed to the base to get in the motorhome and get started on the four-hour journey to Travis Air Force Base.

We arrived at the RV, put all the "stuff" away and I unhooked the RV from the hook-ups and completed my "underway" checks. All set....left the base at 0745.

The ride was uneventful just chatting with my Mom and driving. Traffic??? What's that? Didn't exist on this trip. Kinda cool because I was expecting more, but maybe I'll run into some on the way home.

We arrived Travis at 1245...exactly 4 hours after leaving NAS Lemoore. The usual camphosts Tony and Mary are gone for a week but were very kind in holding our "usual" site along with a tent site for the boys. That was pretty nice of them! Thanks Mary! I hadn't met Grant before but he's a cool guy and got us checked-in quickly.

I got us all hooked up and my Mom helped me put up the tents for the boys. One person cannot put up those tents, it requires 2. So I got the poles ready and she stepped inside and held the poles up while I bent them in place. Took us only about 5 minutes a tent. Thanks Mother!

So everything was ready for Maria, the boys and their friends. We talked when she was about 15 minutes away and fired up the grill and started BBQing burgers and dogs. That went over well with all the boys.

We have SIX teenage boys staying in 2 tents. So far they've been real good.

As you can see there is WiFi at the base exchange so I'll do my journal entries everyday.

I should post some pictures later today or tomorrow.

Be safe!

No comments: