Saturday, May 24, 2008

Day 2 - Travis AFB FAMCAMP

I woke up this morning at 0400 and it was raining!! I thought...here we go, Joey and Tom and their friends aren't going to have any fun and Maria and I will have to listen to SIX teenage boys whine, moan and groan.

The boys awoke around 0800 and we didn't hear one thing! Go figure....9 hours later and I still can't believe I haven't heard one thing!

Well around 1000 it stopped raining and Joey, Nick (his best friend) and Jarrod (another friend) all left and went to the Extreme Paintball Park on base. That's the whole reason we come here. The park is about 6 square blocks of condemned military housing (one-story) and they have made a paintball park around the housing. A great idea and it makes the Travis AFB MWR a fortune! The best part....it's on base and no rif raf will be lingering around.

Then Tom, Mike (friend) and Dusty (our nephew) went to the base skate park. It's a very big skate park and again....NO rif raf. They just called me and want a ride back to the FAMCAMP...I told them...get some exercise and skateboard or walk. "Oh come on Dad.....NOPE---I'm bloggin'!!" (Dad needs some relaxing too.)!

Tonight they are going to the movies ($1.00 on base). Then back to their tent and hang out. They'll be tired by the time they get back so they'll probably get to bed soon after that. The movie starts at 2000 so it's over around 2130.

That's the whole reason we come to Travis. A very safe place, the boys have their military ID's so they can sign their friends into the Exchange, movies, gym....and have a good time. We don't even leave the base. Everything is here and of course my favorite NO RIF RAF!!

Dee: Haven't forgotten about the picture of the main gate. I'll get it today or tomorrow. Along with other pics of Travis.

All those on the road....Be safe!

1 comment:

Tumbleweed Dee said...

ohhh, we lived on base for 6 months till we found a house in Fairfield. I can't wait for pictures!! Please send by email when you can. This is so exciting! Paint ball, what a concept.
Dee