Thursday, May 22, 2008

First leg of our journey to Travis!

Today marked our first leg of our journey---I took the motorhome out of storage! Yeah! Well the first thing I noticed was that the MH was in need of a good washing. But first I needed to get the fluids checked and tires aired up.
Well much easier said than done. I had been meaning to get valve extenders put on, especially for the duallies, just hadn't had the time. So that's what I started with. I went to Western RV in Lemoore off CA-198 and had them installed. That process took about 1 hour. I passed the time by calling Maria and giving her the saga of the valve extenders issue...she was busy with her daycare kids so I said my "love you's" and hung up. Then started to read past issues of Trailer Life in their lobby. That passed the time well.
So after I got that done I went back to the base and gave it a good washing. That took a while, but it's done now. Only problem now is the wind is blowing around 15mph and blowing dust pretty wildly. So I'm sure it will need to be washed again soon.
Well as I write this I am home getting stuff ready to leave tomorrow and the MH is sitting in a site at the base RV park. I'm going back in a few hours after I load everything up.
Next time I write, we'll be at Travis.
For all those on the road...be safe and ARRIVE ALIVE!

No comments: