Wednesday, May 21, 2008

The good -- and the bad!

Well I don't which news to start off with...we'll go with the good: I got an "A" in my International Business Class! OK, now the bad: I did not get selected for promotion to Senior Chief. That was my SIXTH time up for promotion. The promotion was 3% this year. The advancement rate goes from 2-4 percent, haven't seen it over 4% in about 8 years. We have a saying in the Navy: "Choose your Rate--Choose your Fate!"
As with all corporations, although the Administrative Department is the backbone of any organization, we are just not truly appreciated for the service we give. Yes, I know many people say "thank you....I really appreciate it", but many people look down on Administrative Professionals. OK---I'm off my soap box, you won't here it from me again.

I just wanted to put this into cyber space....I feel better now.

1 comment:

Tumbleweed Dee said...

I'm so sorry for not making Senior. Jim wasn't chosen either in his 26th year of service so decided to hang it up, therefore he didn't push for 30 yrs. Congrats on your A though, that's great!!
Dee