Sunday, May 25, 2008

Day 3 - Travis AFB FAMCAMP

Today was a good day. All the boys woke up arouond 0800 and Maria and I started making breakfast burrittos for the kids. We used 2 dozen eggs and 2 lbs of sausage. They ate it all. But good thing is they were FULL!

Well today Maria needed to leave around 1700 because Joey has an NJROTC event on Memorial Day in Fresno. He is the Drill Team Commander and needed to be there for the event at 0800, Monday.

The boys went to the skate park and "hung out" for a while then they wanted to go to the Exchange (Military "Mall") so Shane (my brother) and I took them for a while. Well actually Shane and I stayed in the Food Court and pulled out our laptops since they have free WiFi. Boy is that high-speed WiFi.

I caught up on blogs. Also went on line and checked out the website listing for the house Shane has put an offer on. Great looking house! Here's to hoping the deal goes through for him.

The time came for Maria and the boys to leave. We said our see-ya's and off they went.

After they left I took my time in rearranging the basements of the MH and putting everything away. My gosh we carry a bunch of stuff for the boys. We have 2 tents, and all the camp gear for those, 3 boogie boards for those beach trips, sports gear and numerous sleepoing bags, air mattresses, pillows....etc.! Way too much stuff! But that's what Maria wants, and we all know.....Yep, I'm not about to say much about that. I know the guys out there understand.

Tomorrow is the last leg of the trip. My Mom, Buck (our dog) will get underway back to Lemoore NAS.

Update: 27 Jul 08
This is a picture of Travis AFB Main Gate. I am posting this by request of an RV-Dreams family member, Dee. Unfortunately, all my other photos became e-waste somewhere...

No comments: