Thursday, May 28, 2009

GREAT NEWS and.... Not so good news...!

I'll get right down to the "GREAT NEWS" - I found out today that I was promoted to Senior Chief!! That is E-8 in the USN. E-9 is highest you can go. I found out today around 1600 from my Commanding Officer, Administrative Officer and Command Master Chief. I got the news with a few of my Yeoman around, that made it so much better.

So going back to my choices that I posed a few days ago...remember my four choices? Well, this was not even in the plan as this was the last opportunity for me to make it - well this brings a new twist on things.

So Maria and I have a decision to make.......retire from USN next year as planned or stay USN for the next 5 years. So that would mean no full-timing for us for at least four more years. Decisions - Decisions! This is something I really have to think about.

The not so good news is that I still do not have my final grade from my fourth class I took this last semester. I received all other grades, and have been waiting for the last seven days - getting a little ticked off about this.

Anyway, today was full of the best news I've received in a few years!!

For all those on the road, be safe.

Chat later -

Steve

3 comments:

A couple of newer paintings 2019 said...

Congratulations on your promotion! Why will that make a difference as to when you retire?

CowgirlCreations said...

Congratulations! That is great news! The road will be waiting no matter what you decide.

Debbie and Rod said...

Congrats on the promotion Steve!!

Debbie