Friday, February 22, 2008

Day of Leave!

Today I took a day of leave (vacation) so I could take my Mom to have oral surgery. That went OK, she is home resting. She had to have her left top/bottom wisdom teeth taken out. She's 61 and just now doing it. I had mine out before I was 18.

After I returned from taking her I came home and spent the day with Maria. We had lunch together and just spent a few hours together. Well actually, I surfed the net while she watched Law & Order. But it does feel good to be off work just to veg. I would have done more but it is raining pretty hard so I can't get out to our RV to do some maintenance.

Not too sure what I'll be doing this weekend if it is still raining. I know I have a paper to write. This paper is about empowering subordinates and teamwork. Good subjects and fun to debate.

Well back to my internet surfing; I was reviewing information on camp hosting and workamping. I found a great website for seasonal work at Yellowstone. We are very excited about all the opportunities for us.

To update you on our plan: We retire in 30 September 2010 and hopefully our house will be sold by then. I will be 42 and Maria 41, so we are very able to work and we WANT to work. We know we can't just site see and "hang out" for the rest of our lives. Even though we will have our retirement checks and we'll have living money we still are too young to just completely quit the working life. So we want to camphost / workamp to keep things fun and interesting while making a few bucks.

Also during this time I will complete my MBA and be ready to reenter the "rat race" if we desire in the future. I have my GI Bill that will pay for that...it's use or lose and I certainly won't be in the lose category.

So we'll see what happens this weekend and what more information I can find. If any of you have information / websites for camphosting or workamping please share.

Thought of the Day: A person is a success if they get up in the morning and gets to bed at night and in between does what he wants to do. ~Bob Dylan

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Volunteer.gov

freedomcorps.gov

takepride.gov

http://home.nps.gov/applications/vips/opportunities.cfm

fws.gov

http://www.fws.gov/refuges/

coolworks.com

workamper.com