Monday, February 18, 2008

Weekend Fun + Class "C" Roof Leak

We took out our MH and we had a good time. Just to be alone was great. It was peaceful. So here's what we did:

Friday: I secured my department at 1230, and let everyone go to get busy with their weekend plans. I left at 1230 to have lunch my good friend, Paula. But the problem was 1230 was our time to meet. I was 10 minutes late. I apologized for my rudeness but was quickly assured no worries. Paula certainly understands as she was my previous boss, my command's Command Master Chief. Great lady and American Patriot!

So after lunch I took out our MH from the on-base RV Storage and got it all set up on the campgrond on the base. Not a great place, but it works for cleaning, etc. You can see the campground here: http://www.militarycampgrounds.us/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=55&Itemid=38#jreview_1670 I was set up in about 10 minutes and then went to the commissary to get food and then waited for Maria. But I still had 2 hours before would get off work and get to the base. So I went to the base "Single Sailor" center and internet cafe and got on line and chatted with my RV friends on the RV-Dreams.com chat room. Also did some homework on line until I got the call from Maria that she would be arriving soon. So logged off and waited.....I just love waiting around...NOT!

Saturdy: I went to work at 0800 and stayed until about 1400 doing my weekly homework and writing. I went to work because my computer WI-FI doesn't reach to the base campground and I needed to do some research and get my paper uploaded on line. So Maria slept in and I did my homework. After I returned, we just hung around the RV and cleaned. I didn't fix my leak because the stuff I want I can't get until Tuesday, so I'll fix this next weekend. Watched some TV and off to bed.

Sunday: We woke up and off we went to our favorite Mexican Food restaurant in Hanford, La Fiesta. After our great lunch we went home to check on the boys and our house (you have to do that with 16 year olds), everything was fine except they didn't do their chores so I wasn't a "happy camper". They quickly did what they needed to then they were off with their friends. So Maria relaxed at home while I caught up on RV blogs, and checked out my grade for the weekly paper. I got another "A"! YEAH!! So off to the MH for another night. We stopped off at the video store and got a few movies. I fell asleep and Maria stayed up for a while.

Monday: We put the MH away and back to home. House looked great and the boys were getting ready to see their friends. So here I am catching up on our blog again.

We talked quite a bit this weekend about our future Full-Timing Life. We both are very committed to do this as soon as possible. We will need to wait until 2010 for both boys to be out of the house, then sell this place. We're certainly hoping the housing market gets much better by then. We are sold on our plan to camp host, then take trips on our way from one host spot to the other. We'll have to see how this plan will work.

Thought for the day: Plan Your Work -- Work Your Plan.

No comments: