Monday, February 4, 2008

Monday--Back to Work! And our Decision is Solidified!!

OK, to start off, Maria and I have solidified our DREAM! We have decided we are going Fulltime on 1 October 2010!!
We have chose 2010 for a myriad of reasons:
(1) Our second son, Tom, will graduate June 2010 from high school and is flying the coop. (Our older son, Joey, graduates June 2009 from high school and going into the Marine Corps).
(2) I retire from U.S. Navy active service after 23 years on 30 September 2010.
(3) Maria and I will be married 20 YEARS on 22 December 2010!
So 2010 has many GREAT things happening and we think it's only fitting to make 2010 a new year on many levels.

In the Navy we have a saying "When you grow up what do you want to do". What we mean by that is when you RETIRE (grow up) what are you going to do. Well I've told all of my friends at work about this and some think we're nuts! How many of you full-timers get that when you told your friends you were doing it?

So now on to our list of many, many things to do. I have to first say Thank You to Howard and Linda on RV-Dreams.com for creating a great website and chat room that has truly inspired us to make this move. Also to all those great friends on the RV-Dreams chat room---you guys are great! We will be bending your ear and I ask for one thing---PATIENCE! I will probably be venting now and again, but I know you all have been through this and will understand.

OK, so I digressed for a minute. But we are going to get serious about this.

Please stay tuned for what lies ahead....

No comments: