Tuesday, February 19, 2008

Jury Duty!

Well Maria was on the hook for Jury Duty today. She has a real problem in doing this civic duty due to her self-employment. Remember, Maria owns/operates a home child development center. So anyway, when she takes time off it causes all kinds of drama with a few of her clients. Some are welfare-to-work and if she's off they don't work...you see where I'm going. So she had her turn to talk to the Judge and she told him that and he excused her...this time! She will have to go back in a year. We'll see what happens that time around.

Today for me was back to work and immediately got busy dealing with Personnel issues. So I did my usual morning rituals of reading the military message board, emails and voice mails. Of course, each of those gave me a new round of taskers to ensure I got done. So my Sailors and I worked, worked, and worked more...and YES, we got everything done. I have great Sailors that I can count on to get the work done. Good TEAMWORK makes all the difference.

I got my weekly haircut from John the Barber in Hanford. John and his wife Kathy are great people and have been very good to my family and me. They have been cutting our hair since 2002. I love to just sit down in John's chair, have a good haircut (that I don't have to keep giving intricate directions on how I want it), a close arond the ears/neck shave with a sharp razor and of course, GREAT conversation. We normally sit down for about 30 minutes and typically solve all the problems of the world before I leave....only to meet the next week and solve more problems. No I'm not running for President!

So tonight I will do some homework, read fellow RVer blogs and probably get on the RV-Dreams chat room.

Thought of the Day: "For success, it's better to be like a turtle. Sometimes scared and staying inside your shell for protection but never stopping, always walking, in one direction to achieve the goal."

No comments: