Wednesday, February 20, 2008

Is Retirement Close?!

This was my thought today....I will retire from active service from the U.S. Navy on 20 September 2010. Wow, that seems so far away. So I'm working very hard to complete my B.S. Business Management degree so I can move on to my MBA. That sure will be sweet when that's complete.

But today was one of those days when I think, just can't wait to get away from the rat race. We're planning our hangar renovation and also trying to do our daily regular tasks...just lots of work to do. Doesn't seem like enough time in the day. But I just had to leave work early today to keep my sanity, so I left at 1700. Sometimes I stay until 1800 or later, but I'm just starting to get burned out with that.

Not much more happened today. Both Maria and I worked, kids went to school...just another day in the Borba household.

Tonight we'll watch the American Idol competition. Tonight is the girls' turn, yesterday was the boys'. They didn't do well, can't really see any of them in the top 3, but you never know. Other than, homework for the boys while Maria and I relax a bit.

Thought of the Day: "Work is the true elixir of life. The busiest man is the happiest man. Excellence in any art or profession is attained only by hard and persistent work. Never believe that you are perfect. When a man imagines, even after years of striving, that he has attained perfection, his decline begins."
-Sir Theodore Martin

No comments: