Tuesday, February 26, 2008

Manic Monday followed by Crazy Tuesday!!

Well as you all know I had this simulated disaster that the U.S. Navy put into motion and we had to muster 1,392 Sailors/Marines and their family members. Monday it started about 0930 and we just finished it today at 1600. Absolute craziness throughout the entire event. But we got 100 muster completed 24 HOURS EARLIER THAN THE DEADLINE!! My Admin PRO's are so awesome, specifically my Admin Supervisor, YN2 Jonathan Broglie--good on him! So that made my Department Head and I look good and now I'm happy. I just sweat these things so much.

Another reason to get out of the rat race and get to our Full-Time lifestyle.

I want to say welcome to Maria's family from Iceland and Florida that are starting to read this blog. We're very excited about you all reading this and YES we're coming back to Iceland before we start our fulltime RV life. Hopefully we can come back and bring Joey and Tom with us. Don't forget when we come we want to go Husafell and go arond the island again! Great times to be had.

For all others here's a picture of Iceland. The mountain is the inactive volcano that is about 1/2 mile outside Grindavik (that's where Maria was born). The billowing steam is the famous Blue Lagoon. We went there many, many times when we lived in Iceland....we loved every time we went. The lava beds capped with Northern Moss surround the mountain....beautiful site to see. I'll upload photos often of the tranquil island of Iceland.



Thanks to the advice received by some of our RV-dreams chat room friends Jenny and Penny I'll be fixing my roof leak on Friday. Cross your fingers this works....and yes I know Penny....put the butyl tape on first then the sealant!

Thought of the day: Nothing in the world can take the place of Persistence. Talent will not; nothing is more common than unsuccessful men with talent. Genius will not; unrewarded genius is almost a proverb. Education will not; the world is full of educated derelicts. Persistence and determination alone are omnipotent. The slogan 'Press On' has solved and always will solve the problems of the human race.
Calvin Coolidge (1872 - 1933)

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Recently I have been having hectic mornings and it's driving me nuts. So after reading this article I have a new found look on life. Thanks for sharing! http://www.sawyersbussales.com